Mark Stibich, PhD, is a behavior change expert with experience helping individuals make lasting lifestyle changes. He is famous for his series of writings on the reputable site about.com – longevity section. He suggests: “When looking at a book, be sure the author is credible and that the suggestions are healthy. And remember – the best way to stay healthy is to exercise, eat a good diet, and have a positive attitude.” The following is the top 10 books on longevity and healthy aging recommended by Dr Mark Stibich.
1. The China Study by T. Colin Campbell, PhD
The China Study is one of the largest and most comprehensive studies of nutrition and health ever conducted.
2. Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Guide to Your Well-Being by Andrew Weil, MD
In Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Guide to Your Well-Being, he wants to change how we think about aging and longevity.
3. Aging with Grace: The Nun Study by David Snowdon, MD
The author, epidemiologist David Snowdon, follows the lives of 678 nuns while surveying them on health-related behaviors and practices.
Michael Roizen wrote this revision of his RealAge approach, which focuses on changes you can make to increase your youth.
5. The Longevity Bible by Gary Small, MD
The Longevity Bible breaks into eight essential strategies. The Longevity Bible is a good source of information for a balanced approach to aging.
6. Healthy at 100: The Scientifically Proven Secrets of the World’s Healthiest and Longest-Lived Peoples by John Robbins
7. Count Down Your Age: Look, Feel, and Live Better Than You Ever Have Before by Frederic J. Vagnini, MD and David Bunnell
Count Down Your Age presents a comprehensive plan for healthy aging.
8. Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of Ways to Live to Be 100 by Maoshing Ni, OMD
Secrets of Longevity combines Western knowledge with Eastern wisdom to give the reader hundreds of suggestions of things you can do in order to live a longer and happier life.
Power Aging, presents a healthy-aging program and discusses some of the factors that contribute to aging.
10. The Longevity Diet by Brian M. Delaney and Lisa Walford
The Longevity Diet uses calorie restriction to increase life expectancy.
Longevity eBooks (kindle edition):